It’s amazing what you can do with an aglio olio base and lately I have been more inclined towards making dishes that have very few ingredients and turn out utterly delicious. Most of my friends also ask for recipes that are easier and less hassling. This resulted in my quick and easy five ingredients chicken which is made in olive oil, garlic, red chilli flakes, black pepper and white wine chardonnay. Of course, excluding salt and the chicken itself! I have perfected many pasta dishes with the aglio olio base and I felt that it was time to try something new. This is a dish which is cooked on flame first and then put in the oven for about 20 minutes completely letting it cook through. The sauce is what matters. Once the chicken is slightly done, I transfer it to the baking dish and pour over the remaining sauce from the pan in which it is cooked. I have used chicken wings for now but it also can be made with thighs. This one makes for a good side dish.
½ kg chicken wings
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup white wine chardonnay
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp crushed garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the crushed garlic and red chilli flakes. Cook for just a minute. Do not let it burn.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is nearly cooked, add wine and let it simmer. Save the sauce for later.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish lined with a foil.
- Pour over the sauce and put it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 120C.